[AT] winter projects?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Mar 25 10:33:19 PDT 2012

Yes. The PO told me that he originally had a metal drum filled with
concrete for a counterweight, but that it had rotted away. What I did
was put a drawbar on the three point hitch and bolt a plastic 55 gallon
drum to it. Then I filled it with scrap iron and discarded
weight-lifting weights. I am estimating that the drum is holding about
800-1000 lbs. See
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/case_430_ck/t_case_new_counterw-1.html>
I have never needed the PTO, but I know it works. Using the drawbar
mounted weight means that, if needed, I could drop it off on to wood
blocks and use the hitch for a rear blade, boom crane, or even a brush
cutter. I suppose, in a pinch, I could even run the backup generator.
Some day (after I win the lottery?), I would like to put a decent set of
new tires and duo-link chains on it to use for removing snow drifts.

Mike