[AT] Spam> Splitter was: hour meter

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 1 21:41:15 PST 2012

On 3/1/2012 10:42 PM, Dick Day wrote:
> Mike, I don't have an answer for you but am curious as to what
> type/brand of splitter you bought.  Looking for one myself.

I went through that process last fall.  I asked around and looked at I I
could locally.  I did not like the looks of the Wally World models and
was not impressed by Lowe's and Home Depot.  DR seemed expensive and I
could not find one on Craig's list.

I asked on some lists and forums and several people had commented on the
Tractor Supply splitter.  We do not have a TS near by but I noticed that
a local farm store had one that looked exactly like the TS model.  On
closer inspection it was the same one with a different color and
different decals.  A sale flyer landed in my mailbox and that clinched
the deal.

The splitter
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/November%2011/images/splitter.jpg
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/November%2011/images/firewood.jpg

I split about twice what is stacked in the picture below.  It is much
better on my wrist than a splitting maul.
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/November%2011/images/firewood%20pile.jpg

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU