[AT] Off Topic Goulds piston pump

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed Jun 6 08:10:25 PDT 2012

I was just looking at that Charlie.  Guess I'm impressed at the size of the
belt used and also was wondering just how much of a draft these pumps would
pull.  Any idea how deep your well was?

  I remember now that after using my pump and draining, the sucker washers
(leather) dried and stuck to the cylinder.  I flooded them with water until
they freed up and now use vegetable oil to prevent sticking.  Leather
doesn't like automotive lubes so I'm told.

Rick