[AT] John Deere 450C

k7jdj at aol.com k7jdj at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 21:51:29 PDT 2012

 Remember I have a D8 13A (1953) cable doze

When I was in high school I ran an old Allis-Chalmers HD-10 with a 12 foot wide cable blade.  The blade was way to big and heavy for the HD-10.  With the spring suspension on the dozer, when you tried to raise the blade the first thing that happened is the nose of the dozer went down.  When the blade finally started to come up, it would jump about a foot or more.  I was really good at building speed bumps.  The only way I could get somewhat smooth ground was to "back blade. After 4 to 6 hours of running the machine my arms could no longer pull the steering levers.

Gary

Renton, WA.