[AT] Off Topic Goulds piston pump

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Jun 5 05:17:56 PDT 2012

Ok, great Charlie.  I somewhat remember redoing mine several years ago.  If
I remember correctly it does have a direction of rotation which off hand
doesn't make much sense on a piston pump until I noticed an oil flinger
attached to the rod cap.  I believe this would throw the lube up into the
stuffing box aka packing gland.

   The crank (eccentric) of course doesn't have modern day seals but it has
a unique feature in that all the seepage goes back into the crankcase via
some sort of scupper.

Like youtube showed...it's a pumping little bugger and I've shot water
probably over 35 feet with a make shift nozzle.

  So please refresh my memory.  Did you say you needed the rod or ??

Regards,
RickinMt.