[AT] Easier to Start?

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 19:34:48 PDT 2012

Yes there was.  The unstyled tractors with electric start had a guard around
the flywheel's perimeter to keep you from contacting the starter ring gear,
but in the center of the flywheel there was a bolt on hub that you could
stick an adapter shaft in and turn the engine with your steering wheel.  On
the styled tractors the flywheel was more enclosed but you could remove the
center of the flywheel guard and put a different type of adapter shaft into
the end of the crankshaft and turn the engine with your steering wheel.
Both types are shown here:
http://www.retiredtractors.com/Q/steiner/crank.html

Brian