[AT] Easier to Start?

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 05:56:02 PDT 2012

Hi Louis,

Thank you for the thorough email.  I do find it interesting about the
spark plugs.  I run D21's in my A's because the tractor will not run any
other way.  About this time last year, my 1945 A started and began
running strangely,  It smoked, missed, and had no power.  It had
Autolite sparkplugs, which I pulled and replaced with D21's due to
advice from a gentleman on the Farmall List.  Ever since then I have had
no trouble with it!  A similar trick happened on the Super A, since I
had similar Autolite sparkplugs at the time.  It even started knocking
until I added D21's.

I wonder what causes the difference?  Do you have a comparable AC or
Autolite plug you use?

Ben Wagner