[AT] antique tractors in the Alabama surf

Bill Bruer bill_bru at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 10 18:47:50 PDT 2012

Yes, I was aware of the effects of the salt water on the vehicles.  However,
considering that those "rescue" vehicles were there in the first place, I
imagine the owners were also aware and were prepared to sacrifice some old
stuff to beach fun.  Young people do that type of thing.  They will even buy
old trucks just for that purpose.  In all probability, the only one who was
taken by surprise was the owner of the SUV and boat.

The tractors especially were probably there for just such escapades.  After
all, they couldn't have been far away to begin with.  At least they were
working.