[AT] cold Farmall

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 04:57:26 PST 2012

We had old flat bottomed oil pan, on really cold mornings, the ashes
were removed from the wood stoves and put under the cold H.  There
wasn't really any open flame, but a few glowing coals.  Any oil drips
would sizzle and hiss.  We moved it before we tried to start it in case
the carb dribbled fuel, as it always did when  choked.

I also remember a fear of getting stuck on muddy evenings.  If we did,
we had to get it out or it would freeze in overnight.  We only had one
tractor until the summer I was in 5th grade.