[AT] cold Farmall

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Wed Jan 18 16:47:20 PST 2012

Well, reasonable or not, that old H needs to start so I can get my work
done.:-)

Cold weather starting was the original reason for removing the
distributor and installing the magneto, I think.  It is still 6-volt and
cranking with the starter lowered the voltage enough that it wouldn't
start, and hand cranking was out of the question.  This old tractor has
been lacking any basic maintenance for several years.  However, I did
start it all last winter when I needed to load grain and it was below
zero part of the time.  So, I figure if it used to work, it should still
work.  And it will.  I am pretty sure everything is all gunked up with
old dirty oil deposits.

It was too nice here today , about 40 , so I didn't get anything done to
the H.  Now the wind is blowing out of the northwest and we are headed
for zero again tonight with snow.  From 2 below to 40 to zero in 24
hours....must be Iowa.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA