[AT] DC Case

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Jan 15 13:55:20 PST 2012

    I have a 1950 DC-4 like Ralph has, but has a very heavy Roust-A-Bout
loader on it. Ran only fair when I got it. Would run for a while and start
overheating and run poorly. Would check the timing and it would be retarded,
so advance the mag and run fine for a while, then slip time again. Finally
pulled the mag and discovered the impulse spring was broken. Installed a new
spring and reset timing. Started instantly after that and ran with good
power and never overheated.

    This tractor with the loader is a nightmare to drive. Steers hard with
both hands, hand clutch, hand hydraulic controls then try to shift gears
too. Tractor has been sitting in the barn since I got my skidloader.

                        Gene