[Farmall] Cultivator Colors

Mark Weinheimer mrw601 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:56:06 PST 2012

Ben,
We have a tough time getting plows and cultivators to scour in our heavy
silt loam.  For plows and bedformers, we clean them off after  *every* use,
wipe them down with rag soaked in WD40, then give them a coat of black
spray paint.  It doesn't take long and the paint scours off easily because
of the oil underneath.  We do the cultivators at the end of the season, as
they scour more easily when rusty.  The IHC cultivators that I've collected
have been painted blue, black, and red.  There doesn't seem to be any
consistency.
-Mark

Mark Weinheimer
Farm Manager