[AT] Hello???

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 4 07:15:08 PST 2012

On 1/4/2012 8:40 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Mattias,  $8.00 gasoline here would cripple our economy.   Some folks would
> have to spend half of their days pay to get back and forth to work and
> electric cars or small economy cars won't work when you live somewhere like
> rural Texas or Oklahoma and have to use your vehicle for more than just a
> commuter car.  There are no busses or trains that go into the rural areas.
> I know the economy would slowly adjust to it but we are so dependent on
> world trade that those adjustments would have to come on the backs of
> working people.
>
> Charlie
Just imagine how much our grain would be worth if fuel was $8 a gallon.
I don't know but think the last diesel I bought was around the $4.50
mark. We couldn't afford to run the tractors for long at
$8 a gallon unless grain took a corresponding increase in value.
Above normal temps and below normal snow here as seen in yesterday's
video I shot here. Hard to complain about a day like that one. Just try
not to think about the cost per hour for diesel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wonDoKy70ds