[AT] Grain Augers vs elevators

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 1 06:38:48 PST 2012

Ron, I don't know what standard spacing is but I would say mine has 2
paddles for about every bale length. With wheat you can really fill it full.
With soybeans you can see them really cascade backwards over the paddles.
One drawback I have found is you have to pay attention when the incoming
flow drops off rapidly. If the elevator is full it will tip towards the
truck with no weight on the incoming end. We try to make sure the front of
the elevator is under the box wagon so it can't tip backwards.

I definitely wouldn't want one for putting grain in a bin but for
transferring from a wagon to a truck it works great for us.

John Hall