[AT] Starter Gear Sticking On Shaft

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 05:45:51 PST 2012

I had heard the same thing Larry had mentioned, but I have to agree with
everyone else that the current dry, clean state of the starter drive is not
allow it to work like it should.  All I am concerned about is preventing
anything dangerous for the motor from getting near my motor.

I'm inclined to try the graphite, but I hesitate to put anything like that
near the motor.  Wouldn't graphite cause the motor trouble if it found its
way into the case?

What about a little WD-40 on the shaft where the gear gets stuck?

Ben Wagner