[AT] now disc brakes, plowing

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 18:36:50 PST 2012

So, when were you on my farm?  The odd shaped fields have the mounds at
the edge, some even have more than one, progressively further into the
brush at the edge.  These would eventually lead to a "break thru" of the
berm somewhere and massive erosion at that point.  I've use the plow to
try to close some of the perpetual dead furrows with mixed results and
I've switched to a chisel plow or just disking.  I don't break much
ground compared to the past days of grain farming.