[AT] MF 2244 crawler with Perkins diesel

Ivan ivancou at windstream.net
Sun Dec 9 18:50:21 PST 2012

  Charlie , well I could use it for a few small projects but work is
very slow right now . We'll be laid off over Christmas ,and then I'm due
to take my turn for two more weeks layoff in a work sharing thing . So
now is not the time .
   I know if I fix it I could have access to it anyhow .   A long story
but I was given the keys to the gate and a remote for the garage ,and
while I was geting the parts that I wanted   look at the  dozer for me
since  youre there already  . Keep the key ,its a spare .

   Cecil ,  I wasnt sure how well it would stay  . Or if such things
exist .   I did some searching online today and was looking at
Tractorjoe.com .  Prices were reasonable so I'm going to try to talk
Mark into a sleeve kit for just one jug and a gasket kit . But first I
want to double check the  other two and clean the head up . I told Mark
I'd catch up with him this week and discuss what to do with it .
   The oil is a litle milkey but definately some un mixed green in it so
maybe not run very long .
  I also found a place with the steering clutch parts ,they were not
that expensive .  SO maybe fixing it and then being able to sell it
would look a lot more attractive .

    Richard , A lot to learn from this project . And a lot of good
teachers here .    And I work with a guy who is waiting for me to get
this project done ,he has a Yanmar that "took a swim  in the pond"  .
But its going to be a full rebuild .
  Ivan