[AT] MF 2244 crawler with Perkins diesel

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Dec 9 11:45:12 PST 2012

I don't know how long it has been sitting, but if the anti freeze is
still green and not milky in the oil, it probably just leaked in there
without running very long.Copper rings are hard to find, even harder to
get to stay in the place you put them when you install the head.  I
remember one old time mechanic who spent 2 days on an old 203 MF diesel
cutting a small piece of copper out of an old gasket and getting it to
clamp down into the groove that had burned into the block making a seal,
instead of milling the block or welding it up and milling it.

I have not seen it all, but I have seen a lot of poor boy repair attempts.

Cecil in OKla