[AT] Good tractor work-out...

Bruce Moden brucemoden at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 12:46:45 PST 2012

plowing snow,
living in the Buffalo NY area for 76 years I have plowed some snow, there are a few truths about snow plowing I always share with young folks who proudly tell me they bought a truck to make money plowing snow--No body makes money plowing snow with a small truck...unless we have a year like 2011 where there was no plowable snow in WNY & you had pre-paid contracts to plow!  I have plowed with open tractors, international scout,dodge power wagon, GMC 4x4, dodge dacota, Chevy 4x4, Chevy s-10.  Now I only plow on my own farm, 2 houses (a 400' & 1,200' drive) with a Jeep wrangler & a 6'9" minit-mount plow (somewhat of a miss-nomer)- yet this combo is the best vehicle I have ever plowed with- if I get some hight banks ar the road I use the front loader on my kioti-  always remenber, you are driving a vehicle not much stronger than your car- not a bull-dozer.
Happy plowing & a Merry Christmas to all.
Bruce