[Farmall] Bendix Spring on 1948 Model Farmall Cub

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 18:57:58 PST 2012

On Dec 3, 2012, at 8:45 PM, Milo wrote:

> I recently purchased a complete drive unit (for a 420 JD Crawler,
> Delco-Remy starter, so it's probably same as yours)
> EBAY $25.00+shipping. Unit was a re-manned ACE brand. working just fine.

Thanks All.

I've found this on Ebay from RMH Tractor Parts...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Farmall-Starter-Drive-Cub-Cub-LO-BOY-W9-IH-NEW-6-Volt-/280924619646#vi-content

$33.50 with free shipping seems about the best deal I can find right now, and I don't have to trek around unknown Delco dealers here in Grand Rapids, Michigan trying to find either just the spring or the whole thing.

Of course the other end of the starter isn't exactly in great shape either (commutator and copper brushes), but the Cub is only used a few times a year so I expect it will continue on…

Roger