[AT] Loader removal - 53 NAAcFord

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 3 08:15:44 PST 2012

I saw a rig in a parking lot in western MD a couple of years ago.  It was
new and expensive I'm sure
but it would be pleasure to operate.  It was a New Holland tractor in
roughly the 100 hp range with
a nice cab and with the operators station turned around backwards so that
you ran the thing backing up.
It had a snow blower that was 6 to 8 feet wide (that's a guess, I don't
remember at this point but it took a wide cut).

It would be a nice project to take an older model shuttle shift tractor and
set it up that way.  I know back in the  50's
Allis Chalmers made some tractors that a shuttle shift in place of the Power
Director hi-lo range.  Some of them were
set up to run backwards for specialty operations but snow blowers aren't
something we see much of in coastal Carolina.

Charlie