[Farmall] 340 Utility hydraulics

Stan Bass srbheadlight at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 08:39:56 PDT 2012

Mike was kind enough to send me all the hydraulics from his parts 240 years ago that I used (along with some 230 parts) in an experiment changing the hydraulics on a Super C for a cleaner 3 pnt hitch control.

Anyways, the Super A & Super C have the reservoir built into the touch control sitting under the gas tank (doesn't hold that much) and the torque tube is dry, then the 230/240 have a different torque tube with a reservoir in it but it is still seperate from the transmission. AFAIK the 300 series hyd's share the tranny fluid, but my experience there is nill other than reading (my stage II Super H is the closest I have to the 300 series but it still has a seperate hyd system).
Stan(VA).