[AT] AC D10/D12 Queston

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 15 11:43:35 PDT 2012

I agree the casting number should be an AM number.  Where did you locate the
number?  If memory serves me it should be cast into the block on the skirt
below the carb or maybe behind the carb.   AC used the 138 and 149 engines
in everything from CA's, D-10's and 12, D-14's and early D-15's and in a lot
of power units.  They pretty much just pulled them off the production line
with no regard to where they were going so they don't even come close to
matching up with the tractor serial numbers.   If your tractor is early in
the series it will be a 138 engine and 149 after serial #38xx.  I don't
remember exactly.  To further complicate things or maybe make it easier.  I
think they are the same block with a different liner kit but my memory might
be failing me on that.  I'll see if I can figure out what that L16M casting
number belongs too.  Could be you've had an engine swap.

Charlie