[AT] And now for something a little different...

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sat Aug 4 10:13:07 PDT 2012

charlie hill wrote:
> Reminds me of the farmers protest back in the 80's I guess it was.  A few
> dozen, maybe a hundred or more, farmers drove big tractors to Washington DC
> and out onto the capital mall in protest
> of something, trade policy maybe.  They were mostly big articulated
> tractors.  The DC police treated them like an invading army that was
> infected with the plague.  In other words they were scared of them.  The
> police chief was on TV and smugly reported that they had the situation under
> control.  They had surrounded the tractors with city buses.  He really
> seemed to think that would keep them
> contained if they decided to try something.  LOL.
>
> Charlie

There have been a few times this year that NYS is VERY fortunate I don't
still have my old dozer or easy access to a large tractor. There is a
local route that was "completely renewed" two years ago. The problem was
that they didn't do it right and the road now is so bad it knocks cars
out of alignment daily and has damaged more than a few
tires/shocks/springs. If I still had big equipment I'd probably drop an
8 bottom plow and turn the road back to dirt.....

--
Steve W.