[AT] Case diesel

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Apr 15 13:43:08 PDT 2012

LOL,  apparently so Cecil!  You should have seen that circus.   The loader
had the whole job shut down so there were truck drives, skidder drivers and
the boss man all trying to help the mechanic get it back going.   The boss
was a short stocky fellow and he had quite a time crawling up on the chassis
of the loader to begin with.  We was standing up there on what amounted to a
6" wide flange beam when the Detroit sprung to life and attempted to run
away.  Everyone including the mechanic bailed off the thing and ran about 10
steps or so except the boss.  When we all got in the clear more or less we
looked back and he was standing on that beam turning round and round in
circles trying to figure out how he was going to get away.   I've seen two
Detroit's actually run away until they hand grenaded.  It's not a pretty
sight or one you want to see close up.

Charlie