[AT] AC All-Crop for sale

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Sep 10 06:33:30 PDT 2011

Financial concerns and a need to clean up some have caused me to sell a good
bit of metal over the last couple of months.  80% of it was stuff I didn't
want to sell but I needed the money
and with #1 selling for $15/100, #2 for $12 and "shredder" selling for
$11.25 it's hard not to let it go.  Fortunately I haven't needed to sell any
tractors or tractor parts,  just an accumulation of steel, sheet metal, cast
iron (like brake rotors, etc) and a bit of scrap copper, brass and aluminum.
I have to tell you I had to turn on my hard heart every time I went to the
scrap yard.  You wouldn't believe the stuff that are in those piles.   I'm
talking functional plows and cultivators,  complete tractors,  a wrecked
fuel delivery truck with the cab torn up but the tank, cabinetry and even
the delivery meter in good shape.  Some of the stuff was not even old.  I
suspect a lot of it was stolen from barn yards and hedge rows around farms
where no one lives.  Thankfully the guy that runs this yard pulls the good
stuff over to the side.  He has an AC B, wide front C and another tractor of
a brand I couldn't identify from my vantage point sitting over by the fence.
The AC C even has the cultivator frames on it and the paint on them is much
better than on the tractor which tells me they've been put up under a barn
for most of their life.   If I hadn't needed the money I was getting for
what I sold I probably would have spent it all buying up stuff he had bought
from others.   But if you think about it, an AC B weighs in at about 2200
lbs or so.  It's cast iron so it sells for #1.  That means and old B with a
stuck or blown up motor will bring $300 or more.   Where else can you get
that for it these days?   I have one B that I paid about $25 for several
years back.  I could turn a nice profit on it as scrap and it's a basket
case.  No, I'm not selling it.................... yet.

Charlie