[Farmall] Need Expert Opinion

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Thu Oct 27 07:21:53 PDT 2011

Charlie,

That's why I wanted to verify whether you had a 6V or 12V coil.

I have a 6V coil, so I would need the resistor, even though it says "NO
EXTERNAL RESISTOR REQUIRED".

The "NO EXTERNAL RESISTOR REQUIRED" would not be applicable in this
application. It would, however,  be applicable in a 6V system.

Carl Szabelski
x5947

Charlie V <1cdevill at gmail.com>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
10/27/2011 09:43 AM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Need Expert Opinion

Carl,

No, it is a 12V coil.  The later tractors (340-560, etc)  had a 12V
system.  Like some cars of that era they started on 12v and ran
through a resistor to protect the points when running.  This coil did
away with the resistor.  If you are planning to put your H back to
total 6V operation, none of this will be pertinent to your situation
and you will want a 6V coil with no resistor at all in the system.  If
you plan to keep a 12V battery and charging system, then you can use
the coil I mentioned without a resistor.  I guess I need to re-read
your original post again to learn your intent.  My post focused only
on the " works without resistor" 12V coil.  Hope I did not add
confusion.

Charlie V.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM,  <szabelsk at gdls.com> wrote:
> Thanks Charlie.
>
> That was a 6V coil right?
>
> Carl Szabelski
> x5947
>

> This is an e-mail from General Dyn-a etc. mics Land Systems. It is for
the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in
reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any
attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.