[AT] California Combine history was Saskatchewan

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:48:10 PDT 2011

Al,  that 52R might be the same machine that my grandfather had.  I don't
remember much about it but I do remember it was an IH and a bagger.  I can
remember as a small boy standing on the platform with my father or maybe it
was one of my uncles.   "We"  would take the full sack and somehow tie or
sew it shut  (I can't remember which now) and then shove it off on the
ground before the next one was full.  I remember it being a very dusty job.

Charlie