[AT] Good Tractor Day

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 07:39:38 PDT 2011

Saturday was a good day for me. I sold my Yanmar 186D backhoe with a cracked head to someone with more time and energy to fix it than I had. He also had another Yanmar that he might transfer the backhoe and loader to.
Then I was able to pick up a JD 420 row crop tractor. I drove it home about 20 miles, which was a bit of an adventure. The tractor dies 3 - 5 times in the first 5 miles, and then ran better - guess some fuel issue. The tractor 3 point lift is not working, but hopefully something that will not be that hard to fix.
Important thing is I was able to abide by the old addage " Do not let the sun go down with less tractors than you had when it rose in the morning."
Dennis