[Farmall] farmall A

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 19:09:19 PST 2011

Cliff, I saw your original post this morning as a digest post? Don't know if
you got the responses so here is Kevins with what I added.

If they are straight radiator hoses you can probably buy them locally at a
good parts house, such as NAPA.  Most tractor dealers sell the sizes used on
their equipment (it may be branded with their logo, in case it is of concern
to you), you'll just have to call around and see who has what in stock. You
should be able to look at CaseIH website and pull up the parts book for your
tractor. Hopefully they have the size and length of the hose listed and not
just IH's part number.

Here is what we posted this morning-----------------------

One other thing I'll add to Kevin's post is that we sometimes saw the hose
in half with a hacksaw if you can tell where the 2 water outlets are and if
you can get the saw in there. Like he said, anything to reduce the stress on
the outlets on the radiator.

Check your hose clamps and replace with some good name brand USA made hose
clamps---the Chinese crap will twist up and strip. When installing the new
hoses we add some hand cleaner (the kind without grit), it makes reassembly
much easier.

John Hall