[AT] [atis] Re: Some Tractor Help Required

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 27 12:10:45 PST 2011

Even diesel fuel would be better than nothing to lubricate and prevent
rusting over winter in the engine. I have a Ford flathead V8 that has not
run in years and stored in a leaky shed. Last time I checked the engine
still turns over although I am pretty sure most of the valves have stuck. I
just pour a little motor oil down the carb. throat every once in a while and
turn the engine over. Or course this is easier on a down draft carburetor
like the Ford. I suppose eventually I am going to have to drain some oil out
of the pan or it will start leaking out the exhaust. :-)

Ralph in Sask.