[AT] Some Tractor Help Required

LeRoy Price III leroy_price3 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 06:07:53 PST 2011

Guys,

I had an issue with my 1947 JD B this month while attempting to start it.  Basically, I think the float is stuff or has a problem and when I attempt to start it tons of gas fills the chambers to where gas comes out of the petcocks.  What I did was to shut off the gas and still turn over the engine to get as much of the gas out.  I also pulled the plugs while I did this and let the plugs out for several hours to let the gas evaporate.  I did put the plugs back in and covered the tractor back up, it stand outside.

However, I'm worried about it and mainly about the pistons freezing up during the winter.  I wondered if the list had any suggestions to avoid any issue over the winter until I can get a chance to address the issues with the carb?

LeRoy