[AT] Restriction on selling raw milk...JD "B"

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 11:07:15 PDT 2011

On 5/4/2011 11:58 AM, Dean VP wrote:
> But I would like to caution that today's environment isn't the same as then. We were raised on this stuff from infancy, our bodies developed resistance and antibodies to what people today would call filthy environments.

This is an important point.  Those of us who grew up on the farms of the
fifties were exposed to all sorts of things.  We drank water from
cisterns that had to be occasionally cleaned of dead things or from
ponds that cattle stood in and did what cattle usually did.  We drank
from creeks that drained fields.  Many illnesses were treated at home
because finances or weather prevented trips to the doctor.  We spread
chemicals that are mostly banned now.  Those of us that survived (and
some did not) had a good grounding to all sorts of exposures in later life.

Contrast that to the modern household where everything has to be
antiseptically clean.  Ads for cleaning products tout their
antibacterial properties.  Every little sniffle requires a trip to the
doctor for an anti biotic.  I have seen antiseptic wipes near the rack
of grocery store shopping carts even in little towns here in the
Ozarks.  Kids and people are not being exposed to many things and that
is a real problem.

I remember a woman visiting a Southern California antique tractor adn
farming museum.  SHe arrived in a late model BMW, wore the latest
fashion business suit with high heels.  Her pre teen daughter looked
like she was trying to pass for 21.  Her comment about the museum,
"There is too much dirt!"

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU