[AT] Moving yesterday's snow

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Mar 12 14:25:04 PST 2011

On 3/12/2011 1:41 PM, Dick Day wrote:
> Ralph, I'm a newbie snow blower owner and am trying to figure out how you
> adjusted the cutting angle of the blower.  My 72" Braber Agriease does not
> have the ability to change the angle like you would on a rear blade.
>
> How did you do that?  More importantly... how did you manage to drive the
> tractor AND take a movie at the same time :)

Its actually a 3 point hitch adjustment. By lengthening the adjustable
top link it changes the angle of the snowblower so it tilts downward
towards the ground a little. This makes a huge difference in hard snow.
In fact without that adjustment I could not get the blower to cut in to
hard snow. It would just ride up over top of the snow. If you have a
three point hookup on yours then that is the way to go.

Charlie, your right about needing a creeper gear (especially while
holding a camera) although Cockshutt has a pretty low reverse. The first
trip through deep snow is always the worst as I have to take a full 6
feet. After that I can just shave off a foot at a time each pass.

And shooting video while snow blowing is not easy, at 8 degrees (F) when
the fingers start to freeze up on the camera. But I  wanted to get a
little video of the job and this was the only way.

Ralph in Sask.