[AT] Another stormy day in Sask.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 11 16:23:02 PST 2011

On 3/11/2011 5:12 PM, Gene's Wowway e-mail wrote:
> As always, Ralph, Thanks!
>
> now, could I ask you,, in general terms, how do you go about making your
> conversions?  I have about a kazillion old cassette tapes I want to
> digitize - mostly old audio books the library was getting rid of.

Gene, if you are talking audio cassettes I can't help you there. The
video capture device I use is a Pinnacle systems Dazzler
  http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/Dazzle+Video+Archiving/Dazzle+Video+Creator+Plus+HD.htm
Connect my camcorder up to the "dazzler" which plugs in via USB port to
the computer. Then  I use a program that is built right into Windows XP
and 7 called "Windows Movie Maker" to collect and edit the video clips. '
I recall there was a free audio capture software that I tried out a few
years ago but now can not recall the name of it.

Ralph in Sask.