[AT] OT Gas prices new all time high :-(

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:51:29 PST 2011

Cecil, I haven't read your link yet but I have two friends in the fuel
business. One is a large oil jobber that distributes all over NC and has a
fleet of trucks and multiple tank farms.
The other is an aviation fuel jobber that provides FBO's at airports all
over the eastern US.  They both tell me the same thing that I'm hearing on
the news.  Tankers are loaded with fuel and sitting in the ocean with no
where to unload and US refineries are running at between 65 and 80 %
capacity.   The whole reason fuel is high is because our government is
devaluing our currency and investors are running to commodities to protect
their wealth.  Gold, Silver, Copper, Oil,  Grain, you name it, are all going
up relative to the dollar but what is actually happening is the dollar is
loosing value against those commodities.  The trickle down effects almost
every economy on the planet.   Everyone thinks the Chinese own all of our
Treasury notes.  That used to be true.  Not now.  Currently foreign
"sovereigns" own about 30% of our treasuries.  The FED owns the other 70%.
Almost none of them are privately held at this point and the sovereigns
(other countries) are selling them.  The fed is buying them with dollars
printed by the US treasury in an attempt to keep the whole house or cards
from collapsing.  If you and I did what the fed and the treasury are doing
they'd put us in jail for what is commonly called check kiting.

Charlie