[AT] Talking about shops/sheds

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Mar 5 16:47:50 PST 2011

The best thing you can do for light in your shop is to paint everything on
the walls and in the ceiling white.  Beams, surfaces, everything that can be
painted.  Don't worry about it getting dirty, if it does it does but the
white paint reflects light so well that you can get by with half to maybe as
little as 1/3 the amount of light.   Over the years I've been involved in a
lot of "dry fall" paint projects in factory buildings.  (Dry fall meaning a
kind of paint that sprays on but when the over spray hits the ground it is
already dry and can be swept up.)   We painted a shipping warehouse once and
after we were done the owners turned off 2 out of every 3 rows of lights and
the warehouse was brighter than it was before with all the lights on.