[AT] Flax Harvest

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:01:59 PST 2011

Ralph you should look into building a gasifier that will burn bales of flax
straw.  There is a youtube video of a farmer somewhere in Europe that runs
his entire farm operation (chickens if I remember right)
his house, his shop and the houses his help live in with round straw bales
burned in a gasifier.  He's got a rather complex system but you could do
something more basic and still get a lot of free fuel and heat. Run some
Google and youtube searches on Gasifiers or gasification.  If you can't find
the one about the round bales let me know and I'll see if I can find the
link.