[AT] tires with tubes

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 25 23:17:09 PDT 2011

On 3/23/2011 4:57 PM, Grant Brians wrote:
> I agree with all Spencer said about tube availability. In answer to your
> query, Ralph, I think that you will notice that there are several different
> sources of tubes. Most of the tubes available are from China now and are
> "no-Name" or Hercules brand. Hercules makes lower durability tires than
> nearly all of the other makers that sell in North America and are in my
> experience with Truck tires always the cheapest.
The name Hercules is familiar in tires and tubes. I had a radial rear
tube replaced a few years ago and the replacement did not last long when
it started to separate at a seam. Lucky it was the outer dual, not the
inner one with chloride in it. The Goodyear radial tractor tires seem to
last long, at least the ones made in 1992 do. These have over 6000 hours
on them too and are getting a little low on tread but otherwise good.

Ralph in Sask.

Ralph in Sask.