[AT] Talking about shops/sheds + (OT) Building Code Changes

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 7 20:24:24 PST 2011

Right, David.  We've been "visioned" so many times we're sick of it.  A group of us attended some sessions where several churches were making plans to do some collaborative programs to revitalize themselves.  They brought in an out-of-town consultant from your neck of the woods to help them (at several thousand dollars) who mentioned the work of Everett Rogers.  At a break, I asked the consultant if he was going to continue to discusss the Rogers work?  He said, "No, they wouldn't understand it. Rogers is OK if you believe that stuff."  I took that as my cue, put on my coat, and went home.   I saw no reason to witness the lambs being led to the slaughter.

Larry