[AT] Talking about lights

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:51:16 PST 2011

I wonder if the idiots that outlawed incandescent because they give off heat
ever stopped to figure out what folks are going to use to keep pump houses,
chicken brooders, welding rod hot boxes etc. warm.   On cold nights in the
winter I leave a trouble light with a 100 watt bulb burning fastened to the
arm of a porch chair.  The yard cat really appreciates having a cozy place
to warm up.  I don't expect he'll care much for a CFL.

Air force one burns enough fuel on one vacation trip to supply all of the
fuel everyone on this list will use for for personal and home heating
purposes for the next year.  As  far as the "carbon footprint"  I suspect
each of us have enough trees on our property to "offset" our "footprint".
I'm pretty sure that 50 acres of woodland over at the farm will take care of
mine.  I wonder if the people who make laws can say that?