[AT] Talking about shops/sheds

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sat Mar 5 16:39:53 PST 2011

T-12's are the flourescent bulbs that have been around since Day One -- 1 1/2 inches in diameter (around 36 mm).  They stopped making them in July 2010.  The newer T-8 bulb (1-inch or 25 mm in diameter) uses a lot less electricity (32 watts compared to 40) and actually puts out more light.  I think the bulb is "plug-compatible" but the ballast is designed differently.

Larry