[AT] Johnson County Indiana tractor show/DentonSEOld Threseher's Reunion

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 30 19:36:38 PDT 2011

Charlie, today was the cut off for planting beans and getting full coverage
in my area. We can still plant for 2 more weeks, but there is a reduction in
coverage that increases daily past June 30th. We got 2 inches of rain on
Tues so we started drilling Wed. night. Last week I hired a guy to come
drill my beans with a big Deere no-till. He tried 2 different fields and it
wouldn't go in the ground. He left here and went 2 miles down the road to
another farm and wound up parking it. There was moisture in the ground but
the land was too hard to penetrate. With the rain my Tye drill has done a
decent job. The worst part is trying to get through all the residue. I've
got more weight piled on it than the manufacturer ever intended.

John  Hall