[AT] Johnson County Indiana tractor show

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:17:39 PDT 2011

Reporting kind of late on that show (the story of my life the last few
years). I had not felt up to walking shows for a couple of years but
was feeling better and went to that show a couple of weeks ago with
son Scott. He wanted to go for the auction since they always had a
good one even if it was in a swamp and usually standing water. The
auctioneers they use do a great job. They have hauled in a whole lot
of dirt but it was still in piles. When they get it graded out it will
really improve that part of their grounds.
The show was down some from the last time we had been there. Garden
tractors were up but regular tractors were down in numbers. I don't
know how it has been running lately since I had not been in a while.
Are many shows numbers down now?
The auction went well in spite of it raining several times. I didn't
go to buy anything but I got a decent 10x38 rear tire for $20 to
replace the blown one on my MM-R and a seat to replace the riding
mower seat someone had put on my Massey Harris Pony. That old
lawnmower seat was shaped like a toad stool. Dangerous actually.
Really enjoyed the sale and show but was dragging my tail by the time
we got home.
Dingbat weather has kept us busy. That and trips to the Dr. etc. It
just keeps raining and blowing. Last Monday we had a big rain storm.
Our rain gauge goes to 5" and it ran over... Roads closed all over the
county. Lightening hit one barn but minimal damage. It seems like all
we do is drag downed limbs. Son Scott (lives at the north end of the
farm) had 3 big old trees in his front yard but only one didn't' need
replacing. Yep, lightening debarked the whole top half of the good
one.
Still planning on Portland...

--

Nothing will teach you patience like a horse. Rule #1, the horse is
rarely wrong...

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA