[AT] [Farmall] Super M generator belt / tensioning bracket

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Jun 26 16:38:28 PDT 2011

    I just finished the 12 volt conversion on my Case LA. The repair shop
replaced the 6 volt fields with 12 volt fields. It is an Auto-Lite generator
and the 12 volt fields came from Ace and is part number 145 from them. This
generator is the same as used on SC and DC tractors, so this may be of use
to some others. The original regulator was used as mounted on the generator
and adjusted to 23.6 volts, so installation uses the same wire to the
ammater. I replaced the ammeter while I was doing the change. The battery is
a group 31 with center posts and replaces the original group 4, 6 volt
battery. This tractor has been built up with 4 7/8 sleeves and LP head for
about 90 horsepower, so the original 6 volt was not up to the task of
starting the engine. Cranks over very good now.

                        Gene