[AT] Hydraulic oil vs. motor oil

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Mon Jun 13 10:13:10 PDT 2011

Good idea Lew, I didn't think of that.  I guess it would ensure that if there were going to be any problems, this would minimize them.  I've been putting off fixing it for quite some time, I always figured that the fluid was leaking out through bad cylinder seals.  Then this weekend, I was starting to really go through the hyrdaulic fluid and noticed that the crank case was over full.  It took me awhile, but I finally put two and two together and a little light bulb went off in my head.  There must be a gasket, or seal between the pump and the engine block that's leaking.  I don't know how hard it will be to fix, but I'd really like to finish moving some dirt so I can get started on my garage expansion project.  Thanks to everyone for your help.

Enjoy, Joe