[Farmall] Engine Overheating

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 05:36:05 PDT 2011

I doubt if there is crud in the radiator or hoses, since I had the system
apart a few weeks ago.

You mentioned the fourth option, the head gasket leaking hot exhaust into
the coolant.  I have a hairline crack in the block between cylinders 3 and
4.  The previous owner found it with a magnaflux at a machine shop; he said
it was only a hairline crack.  Could this crack leak exhaust gas into the
coolant?

I did take off that gooseneck bracket when I painted the tractor a few weeks
ago.  I wiggled my light into the head, but I didn't see much gunk hanging
on the twists and turns.  That doesn't mean there isn't still some stuff
farther up in the block.

Thanks for your help,
Ben Wagner