[AT] Gene and the LA on the sawmill

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Jul 10 06:35:45 PDT 2011

    Dean;

    Thanks for posting the picture and video. Was nice to have a chance to
visit with you.

    We finished the sawing Saturday about 4:30pm. The saw ran very well this
year and except for one broken belt, all went well. Tractor ran well, except
for getting about 1.5 gallons of water and sediment from the gasoline tank
furnished at the show. Got that all cleared up and was fine for the rest of
the show.

    Case had a pretty good showing as the feature tractor with some unususl
tractors and implements. Was a very enjoyable show.

    I came home this morning with the motor home, little tractor and golf
cart. Will go back this afternoon for the LA.

    John.

    Dean is right on about the holes around the blade. They help cool the
blade and more importantly, prevent warpage and wobble in the blade. No
problem at all with the blade and no foreign objects in the logs.

                        Gene