[AT] Blizzard of '78

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 29 06:10:34 PST 2011

Al, ours were Thursday night exams.  90 minutes to work 30 problems in
Harrelson Hall on those itty bitty swing up desks with a test booklet, a
work booklet an answer sheet and a slide rule.  You think things like
Avogadro's Number or the Molar Gas Constant are tough on a calculator?  Try
them on a 23 scale K E or Post slide rule.   The answer sheet was multiple
choice.  5 possible answers to each question.  The possibilities were the
correct answer and the 4 most probably mistake answers.  You didn't have
time to check your work.  You pretty much had to go with the first answer
you came up with and believe me it was on the answer sheet.

Charlie