[AT] Spam> Re: FW: Re: hello?, now "people never get rid"

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 26 17:29:36 PST 2011

On 1/26/2011 6:57 PM, Herbert Metz wrote:

> Gene; only had one sister, but our financiial situation was very similar.
> We were on the edge of the Dust Bowl, combine that with the depression and
> things were bad.

Seems like a lot of us grew up with the 3Rs, re-use, recycle and Hmmmm,,
whats the third one?
For me its still a novelty to build anything with new lumber and nails.
Seems to me its been re-cycled lumber and straightened nails a lot of
times when I go to patch up a building.
Scrap iron was worth a little bit but we never had any to sell as it was
all saved for a day when it would be needed to repair something else.
I've sold the odd piece of machinery when someone comes along looking to
buy but mostly I just keep collecting.
I got lucky today. Broke the welds at two points on the back of the
dozer blade while pushing snow and I needed some extra channel iron to
weld on to strengthen a blade that was never meant to be pushed by 108
horsepower.
That old Smith Roles 180 amp welder has certainly paid for itself over
the past 37 years.

Ralph in Sask.